RE: RE: SVG support

<SNIP>
> guess the point of switching dia to using SVG exclusively has a pretty
I've allready sent a new mail later that i responded to soon about SVG and that i reacted to soon without looking at DIA's DOM, it was an unnecessary mail.

> uphill path to get across. Which does absolutely not
> invalidate the point of
> having a better SVG imp/export support, if for nothing else
> for the sake of
> being able to output to web pages, and integrate with less
> diagram, less
> structured but more pretty features-oriented packages (I'm
> thinking sodipodi
> in particular). Freedom to move across tools for using the
> right screwdriver
> to drive that specific nail is a really important thing.
>
> 	-- Cyrille
I'm not thinking of webpages alone ! But you're right about DIA in contrast to SVG, DIA is ofcourse for making diagrams. Still I think parts of a diagram could be defined in SVG (like WMF) for objects like network parts e.a.

Luck,
Jeroen.