HIG and Escape

I hear tell 0.94 will be partly about HIG compliance.  I noticed (who
hasn't) that Escape doesn't activate Cancel.  I think it should, but the
HIG doesn't say so that I can find.  In fact, it doesn't say boo about
escape except wrt to mouse actions, of all things.

In the UI overhaul, I hope Escape will cancel/close dialogs.

Lars, I see the Preferences dialog is much improved but not Gladified.
I'll take another shot at it.  Are we bound to a tab dialog, or did we
decide on a mozilla-like tree-on-the-side treatment, or does anything go?

How do we distinguish between defaults for new diagrams and properties of
a particular diagram?

--jkl