Re: configure problem due to libpng dependency on zlib

On 22 Jul 2003, Andrew Marlow wrote:
> dia-list@gnome.org writes:
>> it gave a warning that there was no libart
>> and near the end of the build this is a fatal error, because
>> render_libart.c fails to compile. Don't you think this means
>> that a missing libart should be treated as fatal by configure?
>
> I should also mention that I got a fatal link error
> saaying that it could find the symbol
> FT_Get_BDF_Property. Any ideas? Shouldn't configure
> check for this as well?

That sounds more like you got a wrong version of FreeType2.  Noticably, Dia
doesn't itself use FT_Get_PDF_Property, so it may be that some other
package (Pango, perchance) requires a higher version of FreeType2 than you
have, but doesn't check properly for it (FT2 has notoriously poor version
handling).

Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause)| HĂ„rdgrim of Numenor