Re: [Fwd: [preview-latex-devel] dvipng-0.1 released]

I would expect the LaTeX object to store what expression to render, with
the output renderer responsible for producing the correct format.  If
I'm interested in producing a bitmap, what could I do with the EPS?  Of
course I could do it via gs after producing an EPS from Dia, but this
feels less than ideal to me.

Somebody was suggesting the dvipng author to use FreeType for rendering,
which means nothing to me, but may be of some usefulness to somebody
here.

I'll have to check Pyx; thanks for the link.