Re: A matter of principle [Re: HIGification of dialog boxes]

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003, Krzysztof Foltman wrote:

> Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 17:50:38 +0200
> From: Krzysztof Foltman <kfoltman@portal.onet.pl>
> To: dia-list@gnome.org
> Subject: Re: A matter of principle [Re: HIGification of dialog boxes]
>
> Alan Horkan wrote:
>
> > I had a small screen for a very long time, this is a very personal pet
> > hate of mine. Being told by some insensative clod to buy new hardware,
> > helps no one.
>
> I think - Dia should work great for majority first, then we should spend
> time on helping minorities. This way, we'd have a bigger user base and
> maybe a couple of extra developers inspired by how well program works.
>
> Try helping everyone (with limited resources) - nobody will really benefit.

Dia currently just about works on smaller displays.
Changes that break that are breakage.

Thankfully in the case of Dia it is not a matter of needing to change
much, it is a question of being considerate and mindful enough not to
break anything.

Besides, from a usability poing of a view a dialog that cannot adequately
fit on a small screen is probably already way too complicated and
cluttered lacking the focus and purpose of one or two well defined tasks.

Later

Alan.