Re: HIGification of dialog boxes

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003, Krzysztof Foltman wrote:

> Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 21:50:00 +0200
> From: Krzysztof Foltman <kfoltman@onet.pl>
> To: dia-list@gnome.org
> Subject: Re: HIGification of dialog boxes
>
> Alan Horkan wrote:
>
> >[I dont remember seeing "Try" in the HIG, seems redundant if you have
> >instant apply]
> >
> As auspex from #usability explained me yesterday (I hope I haven't
> messed things up, but the quick look at HIG says I haven't):
>
> - instant apply - the only button is Close. There's no Try, Cancel etc
>
> - explicit apply - has three buttons: Try (this part of HIG is

Try sounds to me like someone didn't like the way "Apply"  works and
thought "Try" was a better way to do it.
Apply is what I am used to and more importantly it is what Dia currently
uses, no point changing it just to put in Try instead.  (... but that is
not very interesting, see next message ...)

- Alan