Slightly OT: "Dia ChangeLog report for ..."

"Dia ChangeLog Daemon wrote:"

What mechanism is used to produce these automated mailings.  I'd like to
use the same mechanism for internal projects.  I'm guessing it's a cvs
thingy, but I'm trying to convince the powers that be to use that too.
(being the anti-M$/vss biggot that I am :-)  These automated mailings
would be a nice feature to show how it can keep all developers
up-to-speed on what everyone else is doing.