Re: parenting (patch)

On Fri, 20 Jun 2003, Vadim Berezniker wrote:
> Hans Breuer wrote:
>> At 03:59 27.06.03 -0400, Vadim Berezniker wrote:
>> In that order :
>> even there is not much obvious coding style in Dia I'd like to have
>> - a space between if and the expression
>> - no spaces when dereferencing pointers
>> - there should be no including of ../app/... in lib. app depends on
>> lib but not vice versa. This is not only necessary for the win32
>>   build but also gives clean dependencies on other platforms. [If
>>   this would be the only issue to solve I'm willing to fix it
>>   myself when applying your patch, but couldn't parent live in   lib
>> w/o much problems?].
>> - read below ;-)
>
> I've fixed those now.
>
>> The standard way to specify object specific behaviour is not to
>> recompile but define properties. See "autoroute" for a recently
>> added example. [ Search for "autoroute" in the dia sources. ]
>>

> I'll look into that shortly  ...
>

> Copying the question from my first e-mail:
> Question: How can I determine the order in which the objects are
> present ? i.e. let's say I draw a square, then a square within a
> square, etc. Each new square will be "above" the previous squares. I
> didn't see any z-order code or anything like that during creation of
> objects. I need this to fix a small problem with using the "Parent"
> menu command. (Not critical, just an annoyance).

During creation, no.  Look at the Objects->Bring To Front/Bring Forwards
menu functions for how depth is manipulated.  But a new object is always
put on top.  I gotta try out the patch before I can say much about it, and
I need a powersupply for my Linux box for that (but the sparks were pretty:)

Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause)| HĂ„rdgrim of Numenor