Re: parenting (patch)

Hans Breuer wrote:
> At 03:59 27.06.03 -0400, Vadim Berezniker wrote:
> In that order :
> even there is not much obvious coding style in Dia I'd like to have
> - a space between if and the expression
> - no spaces when dereferencing pointers
> - there should be no including of ../app/... in lib. app depends on
>   lib but not vice versa. This is not only necessary for the win32
>   build but also gives clean dependencies on other platforms. [If
>   this would be the only issue to solve I'm willing to fix it
>   myself when applying your patch, but couldn't parent live in
>   lib w/o much problems?].
> - read below ;-)

I've fixed those now.

> The standard way to specify object specific behaviour is not to
> recompile but define properties. See "autoroute" for a recently
> added example. [ Search for "autoroute" in the dia sources. ]

I'll look into that shortly  ...

Copying the question from my first e-mail:
Question: How can I determine the order in which the objects are present
? i.e. let's say I draw a square, then a square within a square, etc.
Each new square will be "above" the previous squares. I didn't see any
z-order code or anything like that during creation of objects. I need
this to fix a small problem with using the "Parent" menu command. (Not
critical, just an annoyance).