Re: Nasty evil icky bug killed

On 15 Feb 2003, Lars Clausen wrote:

> Date: 15 Feb 2003 16:21:44 -0600
> From: Lars Clausen <lrclause@cs.uiuc.edu>
> To: dia-list@gnome.org
> Subject: Nasty evil icky bug killed
>

> People of Dia-land, rejoice!  By the glorious valor and mad bug-hunting
> skills of ... me, a long-standing and eail bug has been vanquished!  This
> bug, the dreaded Anti-Aliasing Crash Bug, has lived since as far back as
> 0.84, or even before, and has shown up in a multitude of guises, each more
> horrible and fearsome than the previous.  Its horrible weapon, so deadly
> that few lived to tell the tale, was a lack of clearing of the display
> update lists when ddisplay_add_update_all() was called.  This would
> sometimes, but not always, cause the libart renderer to try to copy an area
> larger than it had allocated.  This very unpredictability was what made the
> bug survive for so long, but it is now finally a splotch of gooey code on
> the floor.  Thanks to all who reported it, and apologies to all who
> suffered under its yoke.
>
> -Lars Bugsquisher

Three cheers for Lars
Hip Hip Hooray!

Does this mean we can remove the AntiAlias option from the GUI and just
have it one if the system supports it?

Alan Horkan
http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/

PS still stuck in dependency hell, borked up my machine and now the text
has dissappeared from every GTK2 app (messing with bleeding edge pango,
oops).  I give up, i'll have to bribe a friend.