Re: notes on 0.91 pre, mostly win32

On Fri, 7 Feb 2003, Alan Horkan wrote:

> On 7 Feb 2003, Lars Clausen wrote:
>
>> > The font size used in Dia 0.90 was smaller, pretty close to the
>> > default windows font size.  The font size in Dia 0.91 pre1-3 is a lot
>> > and even on the larger of my displays this still leaves things feeling
>> > quite cramped.
>>
>> Hmmm... this is the font size that Hans thought was the closest to the
>> old one.
>
> Ran both side by side, and it is quite a bit bigger, I also think it is
> an entirely differnt font.

The 'entirely different font' may be the reason more than anything else.

>> > I thought for a minute that the Zoom keybindings had been removed but
>> > it turns out that they were not there to begin with.  I should set
>> > them to match the HIG and worry about internationalisation problems
>> > later.
>>
>> We used to have single-key bindings for those, but they interfered with
>> text input.
>
> The HIG suggests Ctrl++ and Ctlr+- which on further inspection is fine.
> We can worry about Ctrl+= later, HIG suggests using it for Zoom 1:1 but i
> would prefer if it was also bound to Zoom in because on my keyboard
> Ctrl++ is actually ctrl+shift+=.

Oh, yeah, Zoom In and Zoom Out should have such.  I usually in Gimp assign
single number keys to zoom steps (1(00%), 2(00%), 4(00%), 5(0%)), but
because of our current text input system, that won't do in Dia.  I have
plans to change text input radically ... at some point when I get the time:(