From: "Lars Clausen" <lrclause@cs.uiuc.edu>
To: <dia-list@gnome.org>
Sent: Monday, February 03, 2003 5:24 PM
Subject: Re: Problems with dia-0.91-pre1

On Mon, 3 Feb 2003, Zhang Lin-bo wrote:
> I tested dia-0.91-pre1 on my system and I found out the following
> problems:
>
> 1. cmdline arguments are not processed.

Do you have libpopt(-devel) installed?

> 2. plug-ins/, objects/ not installed by 'make install' (and
>    plugins/ gets installed?, is it necessary?)

The binary files from plug-ins and objects are installed in
/usr/local/lib/dia, normally.  The things found in
/usr/local/share/dia/plugins are xsl translation schemas, non-binary
data
needed for a plugin.

(Adjust prefix as needed)

> 3. running /usr/bin/dia (compiled with './configure --prefix=/usr')
>    segfaults, running app/run_dia.sh (with paths modified to point
>    to '/usr/share/dia/*') is ok.

Ick.  Can you run it in gdb to get an idea what goes wrong?

> 4. Input method 'X Input Method' does not work with Simplifed Chinese
>    on rh8.0 (using miniChinput).

I have no idea about the workings of the input methods.  They are all
implemented by GTK.

> 5. Text color is always black in the EPS output, and text font
>    attributes other than fontsize have no effect.

I see the missing text color, but the font attributes are there.

> My system is RH8.0 with locale set to Simplified Chinese, and the
> following updated packages:
>
> pango-1.2.0-5
> glib2-2.2.0-3
> pkgconfig-0.15.0-1
> freetype-2.1.3-4
>
> The configure options are '--prefix=/usr --enable-gnome'.

I'll have to try the gnome version.

> I also noticed the RPM problem with the '-pre1' string and
> I have solved it by moving '-pre1' to the 'Release' field.

That's good to know, we'll use that in the future.

"I do not agree with a word that you say, but I
will defend to the death your right to say it."   | Where are we going,
and
    --Evelyn Beatrice Hall paraphrasing Voltaire  | what's with the
handbasket?