Re: uml lifeline

On Sat, 01 Feb 2003, Mike Power wrote:
> First off I would like to praise you on an excellent application.  I
> use it a lot.
>
> Second I would like to see if a small change could be made to enhance
> the app just a little.  In uml there is a shape called a lifeline.  A
> good little thing with one exception.  Its endpoints do not stick to
> stuff.  I have attached an example dia(ungzip'd) file.  This file
> contains two examples.  Where the end point of a lifeline does not
> stick to a Text object and where the end points of two lifelines do
> not stick to each other.  It would be great if they did actually stick
> to each other.

I guess what you want is something like what's on page 3 of
http://www.objectmentor.com/resources/articles/UMLSequenceDiagrams.pdf

That would be easy to do by adding a connection point at the end.  We'd
just need to be careful about handling the adding of more points correctly,
and try to keep it compatible.

It'd be a bit tricker to have a connecting handle (as on lines) in the
other end, as the lifeline is always vertical.  I'm not sure how the
adjustment to two connection points would work.