Re: dia, mac os x

On 22 Aug 2003, Aaron Titus wrote:
> On Friday, August 22, 2003, at 04:49 AM, Hubert Figuiere wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 2003-08-22 at 02:56, Aaron Titus wrote:
>>> I have repeatedly tried to install Dia on Mac OS X (the latest
>>> version)
>>> with no success. I have searched the Dia listserv archives which
>>> report
>>> that some have done it, but otherwise there is no useful
>>> information on
>>> how to install it.
>>>
>>> I'm using the latest version of Fink and Apple's X11. I can run many X
>>> applications.
>>>
>>> The Dia configure script fails to find Gtk+2 even though I use
>>> "./configure --prefix=/sw".
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>
>> are you sure gtk2 devel package are installed ? and that pkg-config is
>> in your PATH ?
>>

> Thank you for the suggestions. Evidently, the problem is with Pango,
> even though GTK2 dev is installed.  Here's the error report (I should
> have included this in my first message, sorry about that)
>
> checking for pkg-config... /sw/bin/pkg-config
> checking for GLIB - version >= 2.0.0... yes (version 2.0.6)
> checking for pkg-config... (cached) /sw/bin/pkg-config
> checking for GTK+ - version >= 2.0.0... no
> *** Could not run GTK+ test program, checking why...
> *** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file
> config.log for the
> *** exact error that occured. This usually means GTK+ is incorrectly
> installed.
> checking for pango >= 1.1.5... Requested 'pango >= 1.1.5' but version
> of Pango is 1.0.5
> configure: error: Need Pango version 1.1.5 or higher
>

> Thanks for any help you can provide.

I thought there wasn't a new enough Pango in Fink, but I thought maybe
you'd compiled it yourself.  An important bug got fixed for us in 1.1.5, so
we have to have that version or higher (1.2.* would work).  I hope the Fink
guys get time to update Pango soon.

Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause)| HĂ„rdgrim of Numenor