Re: Problem with Dia 0.91-3 win32 installer

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003, Evan Hempel wrote:

> Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 11:37:19 -0400
> From: Evan Hempel <echempel@netscape.net>
> To: dia-list@gnome.org
> Subject: Problem with Dia 0.91-3 win32 installer
>
> I have installed dia 0.91-3 on a windows 98 computer, installed it in the
> default directory, but when I try to run it I get the following error
> message:
>
>   Cannot load module ../lib/pango/1.2.0/modules/pango-basic-win32.dll:
> One of the library files needed to run this application cannot be found.
>   Cannot load module ../lib/pango/1.2.0/modules/pango-basic-win32.dll:
> One of the library files needed to run this application cannot be found.
>   Cannot load module ../lib/pango/1.2.0/modules/pango-basic-win32.dll:
> One of the library files needed to run this application cannot be found.
>   Cannot load module ../lib/pango/1.2.0/modules/pango-basic-win32.dll:
> One of the library files needed to run this application cannot be found.
>   Cannot load module ../lib/pango/1.2.0/modules/pango-basic-win32.dll:
> One of the library files needed to run this application cannot be found.
>
> This repeats forever.  The dia gui does start up (slowly), but it does
> not show
> any text in the menues or anywhere else.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
>   Evan Hempel

Pango handles all the text rendering.
those error messages are saying pango was not found.

if you still have an older version of Dia installed somewhere you should
compare the two and see if files are missing, or if the program is
failing to find them.  You might be able to fix the problem by manually
moving some files to where they need to be, but i have not tried out the
recent rerelease so I cant really say.

(Sorry for the not particularly helpful answer but I try to make sure
people always get some sort of a reply and considering the current
crapflood I am getting from that windows virus I am pretty sure I have
accidentally deleted loads of mails I should have seen and replied to)

Alan Horkan
http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/