Problem with Dia 0.91-3 win32 installer

I have installed dia 0.91-3 on a windows 98 computer, installed it in the
default directory, but when I try to run it I get the following error
message:

  Cannot load module ../lib/pango/1.2.0/modules/pango-basic-win32.dll:
One of the library files needed to run this application cannot be found.
  Cannot load module ../lib/pango/1.2.0/modules/pango-basic-win32.dll:
One of the library files needed to run this application cannot be found.
  Cannot load module ../lib/pango/1.2.0/modules/pango-basic-win32.dll:
One of the library files needed to run this application cannot be found.
  Cannot load module ../lib/pango/1.2.0/modules/pango-basic-win32.dll:
One of the library files needed to run this application cannot be found.
  Cannot load module ../lib/pango/1.2.0/modules/pango-basic-win32.dll:
One of the library files needed to run this application cannot be found.

This repeats forever.  The dia gui does start up (slowly), but it does
not show
any text in the menues or anywhere else.

Any suggestions?

  Evan Hempel