Re: Increasing "drawing-box"

On 11 Aug 2003, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How should I enlargen the "drawing-box" that embodies the object that
> gets rendered? For the "Standard - Line" this box is defined by the two
> handlers of the line itself. However, if I change the line to be able to
> house "double" lines, parts of that double-line don't get rendered
> immediately.

You want to fix the objects bounding-box.  In line_update_data() in line.c,
the bbox is calculated using line_bbox.  The data for that is given a bit
above, the four lines going

  extra->start_trans = (line->line_width / 2.0);
  extra->end_trans   = (line->line_width / 2.0);
  extra->start_long  = (line->line_width / 2.0);
  extra->end_long    = (line->line_width / 2.0);

Fix these to account for your double line.  I'm looking forward to hearing
what happens with the arrows, and if you can come up with a good solution
for it.

Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause)| HĂ„rdgrim of Numenor