Re: Dia crash on Window Maker

Hi,

I've had chance to do some debugging myself today and perhaps got to the
bottom of it.

The libsadt_objects.so library in my first gdb script is a red herring.
Its in fact the previously loaded lib: the Python plugin. It turns out I
had a real old one lying around in /usr/lib/dia, and even though I
haven't built dia recently with python support it seemed to be trying
that old plugin: dia did put the error dialog up, but for ages now I
just'clicked' it away without investigating... :-(

After removing the offending files, dia is fine. Just to try it, I
rebuilt dia with python support and again its okay. (Hopefully I'll
remember its there in two years building dia 0.768...)

What I don't know is why it SIGSEGVs under xdm sessions and not
gdm/Gnome... One of the mysteries of software.

Anyway, thanks for the previous helps, and I can now get back to my
UMLing.

Dave