Re: StdProp inheritance?

On Tue, 22 Apr 2003, Philippe Faes wrote:
> On Tuesday 22 April 2003 16:19, Lars Clausen wrote:
>> Note that the properties can have an action handler, too, see
>> event_handler in struct _PropDescription.  I'm confused as to why you'd
>> want a new type SubObject for this?
>
> The list elements (actions,...) should be structs, not simple
> strings. They can have their own properties. It would be good if they had
> their own ops (operations).

The ListProp just uses a GPointerArray for its data, that could hold
structs rather than strings.  A function from those to strings could be
used for display.  They have their own properties, but the property types
would be the same for all elements, and thus describable with properties a
la FrameProp.

> At least we need a mechanism to maintain either a list of structs, or a
> whole buch of lists (the latter is probably a bad idea). For manipulating
> this list of structs, I guess these structs need operations...

I don't know that they'd need more than the normal operations associated
with properties.  Which other operations were you thinking of?

Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause)| HĂ„rdgrim of Numenor