Re: StdProp inheritance?

On Tue, 22 Apr 2003, Philippe Faes wrote:
> I've been workin on that a bit too. I think it would be nice if those
> properties (and UML actions,...) can define their own PROP list as well,

Look at the PROP_TYPE_FRAME (used in chronogram/chronoref and
standard/line), I think that's what you're looking for.  Note that it
doesn't require anything special of the 'inner' properties.

> so that their data members can be saved (undone etc) automatically too.
> I was thinking such a property (action,...) could be of type SubObject,
> and the list prop would handle SubObjects. It would also (recusively?)
> call the save (copy,...) functions of the SubObject. I wouldn't subclass
> SubObject from Object, though.(maybe a diffent name would cause less
> confusion? any sugestions?)

Note that the properties can have an action handler, too, see event_handler
in struct _PropDescription.  I'm confused as to why you'd want a new type
SubObject for this?

> The list prop would also generate a widget like what you see in the UML
> class: some container widget, containing a list of actions, buttons for
> NEW, DELETE, MOVE UP, MOVE DOWN, and down below would be recursively
> generated widgets (generated from the proplist of the SubObject).
> The name I'd use for the property would be SubObjProperty (other
> suggestions are welcome too)

Yes, that layout is just what I was hoping for.  Be sure that it can be
used recursively, for instance UML class has a list prop inside a list
prop.

Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause)| HĂ„rdgrim of Numenor