persistence ?

Sorry to ask this on the list, if i weren't on 56k dialup i would research
more extensively.

My working RedHat machine does not have a net connection so this is really
awkward, please bear with me, I have to download and then bring the files
home with me.
i downloaded one of Cyrilles CVS tarballs from April 19 and compiled it
succesfully on RedHat.

It runs but dies if i try and create a new document.

On the
command line I get a message about not being able to stat
./dia/persistence

or something pretty close to that
(persist, persistant, persitance?
i specifically noticed that it was spelt persitence which looks like it
might be wrong).

[i did try creating an empty dummy file but then i just xml errors
instead.]

Sincerely

Alan Horkan
http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/