Re: StdProp inheritance?

On Mon, 21 Apr 2003, ashalper@cox.net wrote:
> I'm about to try coding the fancier list prop for the IDEF1X entity
> properties, UML class properties, et al.  What should I call it?

I'd just expand on the PROP_TYPE_LIST.  It's not used anywhere yet, and it
has some of the infrastructure laid out for it.

> Also, can anyone recommend some good examples of StdProp inheritance in
> the Dia source?

StdProp inheritance?  I don't think we really have any of that.

> In addition to extending the list property, I have some objects in IDEF1X
> that I think would benefit from structuring as an inheritance
> relationship.

Oh, you mean object inheritance.  You can look at how, say,
Object/zigzagline inherits from OrthConn, that should show most of the
issues.  One thing we can't do at the moment is remove properties in a
subclass in a simple (i.e. not just copying properties) manner.

Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause)| HĂ„rdgrim of Numenor