Re: PROP_TYPE_LIST declaration [lrclause@cs.uiuc.edu]

On Fri, 11 Apr 2003, ashalper@cox.net wrote:
>> From: Lars Clausen <lrclause@cs.uiuc.edu>
>> Date: 2003/04/11 Fri PM 01:35:44 EDT
>>
>> Actually, I'd like to extend it to something more like the UML
>> attributes.  There's little point to a dynamic list where the user can't
>> do anything more than select one item.  That's just enum with a
>> different container type.  But if we add ways to add new lines, it may
>> be more interesting.
>>
>> Now to make something that has all the extra widgets of UML would take a
>> more complex grouping style prop, something in between PROP_TYPE_FRAME
>> and PROP_TYPE_LIST.  Once we have that, we could convert UML totally.
>>
>> If the items in the list are always collected by the program, not to be
>> inserted directly by the user, you could just use an enum.  Otherwise, I
>> think it'd better to extend list to be modifiable by the user.
>
> After I looked at the UML - Class->Attributes tab again, I realized it is
> very close to what I'm trying to do.  The (other) application I am using
> for reference has something like this:
>
>                     [^] [v]
> +-------------------------+
> | listitem0               |
> | listitem1               |
> |                         |
> +-------------------------+
> [New...][Rename...][Delete]
>
> where "[^] [v]" are buttons that correspond to UML - Class->Attributes
> tab's "Move up" and "Move down" buttons, respectively.  I do slightly
> prefer the arrows on the buttons, but the way it is on the UML -
> Class->Attributes tab would be fine also.

I would like them to be in one line instead of two, to save screen real
estate.  It can be fiddled with easily, though.

>> You're thinking about the PropDescription array.  Remember, there are
>> two
>
> Oops! Yes, that is what I was doing.  Thanks.
>
> Now that you helped me straighten that out, I have the empty list coming
> up in the properties dialog.

Did you do a CVS update?  I fixed a bug that the rows weren't shown.

> Now I think I'm creating the rows incorrectly.  After looking up one of
> Cyrille's posts, I think I need to put the rows in a darray, but I'm not
> sure how to declare the darray in my object (and PropDescription,
> PropOffset) such that it gets hooked up to the PROP_TYPE_LIST properly.

You mean you want to use PROP_TYPE_DARRAY?  I can't help you there, those
things are only halfway implemented and rather confusing.

What are these things you're putting in lists anyway?

Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause)| HĂ„rdgrim of Numenor