Re: PROP_TYPE_LIST declaration [lrclause@cs.uiuc.edu]

> From: Lars Clausen <lrclause@cs.uiuc.edu>
> Date: 2003/04/11 Fri PM 01:35:44 EDT
>
> Actually, I'd like to extend it to something more like the UML attributes.
> There's little point to a dynamic list where the user can't do anything
> more than select one item.  That's just enum with a different container
> type.  But if we add ways to add new lines, it may be more interesting.
>
> Now to make something that has all the extra widgets of UML would take a
> more complex grouping style prop, something in between PROP_TYPE_FRAME and
> PROP_TYPE_LIST.  Once we have that, we could convert UML totally.
>
> If the items in the list are always collected by the program, not to be
> inserted directly by the user, you could just use an enum.  Otherwise, I
> think it'd better to extend list to be modifiable by the user.

After I looked at the UML - Class->Attributes tab again, I realized it is very close to what I'm trying to do.  The (other) application I am using for reference has something like this:

                    [^] [v]
+-------------------------+
| listitem0               |
| listitem1               |
[New...][Rename...][Delete]

where "[^] [v]" are buttons that correspond to UML - Class->Attributes tab's "Move up" and "Move down" buttons, respectively.  I do slightly prefer the arrows on the buttons, but the way it is on the UML - Class->Attributes tab would be fine also.

> You're thinking about the PropDescription array.  Remember, there are two

Oops! Yes, that is what I was doing.  Thanks.

Now that you helped me straighten that out, I have the empty list coming up in the properties dialog.

Now I think I'm creating the rows incorrectly.  After looking up one of Cyrille's posts, I think I need to put the rows in a darray, but I'm not sure how to declare the darray in my object (and PropDescription, PropOffset) such that it gets hooked up to the PROP_TYPE_LIST properly.

Thanks,
Andy