Re: pdflib/pangopdf

Le Fri, Apr 11, 2003, à 01:04:45PM -0500, Lars Clausen a écrit:

> If somebody wants to earn eternal fame in the Dia community and force the
> release of a new version of Dia, here's the thing to do:  Add a (optional)
> renderer to PDF using pdflib/pangopdf.  pdflib has a license that makes it
> compatible with Dia (as far as I can read it, we may want to ask some Gnu
> legalese person).  Pangopdf does Pango rendering onto PDF.  Whammo, instant
> PDF with text rendered better than we'd ever have time to figure out.

Yep, absolutely seconded.

Besides, from what I've read, PangoPDF does *ALSO* Postscript output. I
don't know if it handles anything besides PDF, though, or if it just
piggybacks on Gnome-Print to handle that. And it's still unclear to me today
whether Gnome-Print is considered a "GNOME" or a "Gtk" library nowadays
(Alan?)