Re: Fwd: Re: PROP_TYPE_LIST declaration [lrclause@cs.uiuc.edu]

Le Fri, Apr 11, 2003, à 12:35:44PM -0500, Lars Clausen a écrit:

> You're thinking about the PropDescription array.  Remember, there are two
> arrays to fill out (Cyrille, why is that?  Could they be combined?):

I think James is the right person to ask the question to, though I've put my
hands there a lot too. The fundamental reason (IIRC) is that you have on one
hand the property description, which give you the presentation side (flags,
localised names, etc.) and on the other the specific offsets which applies to
a specific type.
Consider what happens when you edit the properties of a group: the system
first tries to find the intersection of all property descriptor sets; then
for each of the remaining propdesc and for each object (of various types),
it will locate the correct offset.

I think I have considered at a point combining them, but while I was deep in
the StdProp code, I think I found out the hard way it was not a good idea,
so I backtracked. Sadly, I don't remember the detailed "why" :-)