Re: Compiling dia for win32 using MSVC6 (on Win2k)

On Mon, 31 Mar 2003, Steffen Macke wrote:

> If some of the problems are resolved, I would be very happy to package
> your binaries into a 0.91-2 installer.

The reason I never got back to you on this is that I found a different
problem with my build.

The problem is that closing (clicking "File -> Close") any individual
diagram causes all diagrams and the main Dia window (toolbox) to be
closed.  I know this should have the effect of closing just the particular
diagram window.

My first thought was that this is some GDK problem, but I am using the the
same versions as the binary distribution which doesn't suffer this
problem.  Plus, it doesn't segfault, though there are some Gdk warnings.
I get this behaviour with the current CVS sources and the 0.91 source
package.

Here is a scenario:
 o  Open Dia.
 o  Create two new diagrams
 o  Put a shape on one diagram (so there have been changes to it).
 o  Select "File -> Close" on the unmodified diagram

The unmodified diagram closes
The toolbox closes, and I get the "Quit Dia" dialog box appearing, warning
about unmodified diagrams.

The following two warnings are also printed:

	(dia.exe:6460): Gdk-WARNING **: gdk_property_delete: General case not
	implemented

	(dia.exe:6460): Gdk-WARNING **: window 0x006304fe unexpectedly
	destroyed

If I hit quit, some more warnings are printed that I can't catch and the
remaining windows close.

If I hit Cancel, I get the following warnings:

	(dia.exe:6432): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: gsignal.c:2010: instance
	`0x015f1580' has no handler with id `2000'

	(dia.exe:6432): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: gsignal.c:2010: instance
	`0x015f1580' has no handler with id `2001'

	(dia.exe:6432): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: gsignal.c:2010: instance
	`0x015f1580' has no handler with id `2002'

	(dia.exe:6432): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: gsignal.c:2010: instance
	`0x015f1580' has no handler with id `2003'

	(dia.exe:6432): Gtk-WARNING **: A floating object was finalized. This
	means that someone
	called g_object_unref() on an object that had only a floating
	reference; the initial floating reference is not owned by anyone
	and must be removed with gtk_object_sink() after a normal
	reference is obtained with g_object_ref().

	(dia.exe:6432): Gtk-WARNING **: A floating object was finalized. This
	means that someone
	called g_object_unref() on an object that had only a floating
	reference; the initial floating reference is not owned by anyone
	and must be removed with gtk_object_sink() after a normal
	reference is obtained with g_object_ref().

	(dia.exe:6432): Gtk-WARNING **: A floating object was finalized. This
	means that someone
	called g_object_unref() on an object that had only a floating
	reference; the initial floating reference is not owned by anyone
	and must be removed with gtk_object_sink() after a normal
	reference is obtained with g_object_ref().

And the modified Diagram remains open.  Though the toolbox is gone.

FWIW, opening new diagrams with the modified diagram's file menu creates
diagrams that can be closed individually (now that the toolbox is no
longer around.)

Basically it looks to me like when one diagram gets closed it is trying to
take the rest of the open windows out with it.  Can anyone offer any
advice, or give me instructions on how to better help the developers find
and fix this problem.

Cheers,
Michael