Can Dia run in a rootless X environment?

We don't run Linux (yes, I know, don't shoot!). We run FreeBSD on the server
in the back room and Mac OS X on the desktop.

FreeBSD can run Linux apps in "Linux emulation" mode (and may even be able to
run Gnome natively... but Gnome is, well, huge. And besides which, FreeBSD is
a server only system here.

Mac OS X can run X and X apps in a rootless environment, either apps built
locally or clients from the FreeBSD system.

I want to run Dia.

Can I run Dia in a rootless X environment? Does it require Gnome or only bits
and pieces of gnome (i.e. gtk+ to build with)?

Please Cc: me with any responses as I joined this list recently to find out
if I _can_ use Dia and I joined the digest form.
--
- Vicki

Vicki Brown     ZZZ                  Journeyman Sourceror:
P.O. Box 1269      zz  |\     _,,,---,,_        Scripts & Philtres
San Bruno, CA       zz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_    Perl, Unix, MacOS
94066     USA         |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-'
mailto:vlb@cfcl.com  '---''(_/--'  `-'\_)  http://www.cfcl.com/~vlb