Re: Easier setting of start up layout

Lars Clausen wrote:

> We can also compare with Gimp, which remembers the placement of all the
> dialogs.  I don't know how WM-friendly it is, though.

Perhaps it could use its saved settings unless the WM explicitly wanted
to place the windows somewhere (e.g., because it had some remembered
settings). So it's like obeying the WM, but implementing our own
"intelligent" behavior if the WM doesn't care.

Probably much easier said than done, though... Anyway, it's a feature I
would love to see too, especially now that Dia's main windows always
pops up to short vertically on my W2k box, so the elements/symbols panel
almost disappear. First thing I tend to do is to expand it vertically.

Another nice feature would be not to display a new main panel each time
I dbl-click on a dia file in Windows' explorer. I only need one of
those, and the way it works now I'm never really sure which main panel
goes with which diagram window. :-)

-+-Ben-+-