0.91 Problems

Linux Mandrake 9.1 rc2. Dia 0.91 downloaded today. Compile/Install is
fine. Problems I have here are during use.

1. I'm hand-tweaking the Dia savefile and... oh, my. It's all one big
long line now. 182 kilobytes of unformatted XML. Oh. If you must know.
I'm trying to change about 40 different classes to use the "Serif" font
rather than Monospace. :)

2. Font rendering oddities... Perhaps it's because I'm using a laptop
and I've told GNOME to anti-alias my fonts in laptop style, but
sometimes the fonts on my UML classes get REAL UGLY (artifacting,
apparent double-writing of font in slightly-different locations). If I
click on the class, then the fonts re-render to beautiful. Sometimes if
I press the CTRL key, it makes fonts on many many classes very ugly.

3. OMFG it's slow. If I choose a zoom not in (50%,100%), it takes
forever and a day to scroll around my class diagram. I'm running a
P4-1.7GHz with 392MB RAM. Zooming at 50%/100% although about 1/10th the
speed of 0.8x, is tolerable. Hrm. Creating a new diagram and changing
size doesn't seem to have the same problem. Does anyone want the
Autodia-generated XML file to try to recreate these problems? It's about
5k compressed.

4. At each startup, complains of missing
/usr/local/lib/dia/libxslt_filter.la. Dunno what this is.

5. Crashes, dumps core. Can't discern a pattern here. Just seems to do
it every 5-15 minutes when I click some button or save some file or
close some window.

6. Can't assign keyboard shortcuts to tools in the right-click menu.
Seems to be either a GTK2 bug, or they took this functionality away from
us entirely. If that's the case, how do I assign a keyboard modifier to
go from select to move to text??? Does there need to be a "keyboard
properties" dialogue created? Am I just stupid and I've unchecked some
box on some system properties menu?

--
Tim Ellis
Senior Database Architect and author, tedia2sql (http://tedia2sql.tigris.org)