Re: Visio stencils with Dia?

Could you give me a direct link to the Thread mentioning Dia?
I read that story bug did not see the link to Dia

Jzip is pretty cool
Virtual Dub rocks, i think i first heard about it last time slashdot
mentioned Windows software (actually i think it was a story on Digital
Video Recorders).

On Thu, 26 Sep 2002, Kevin wrote:

> Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 10:04:25 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Kevin <ktneely@astroturfgarden.com>
> To: dia-list@gnome.org
> Subject: Visio stencils with Dia?
>
> Hi, I just discovered Dia from the recent /. post about freeware apps on
> win32 platforms.  I was wondering if it is possible to use Visio Stencils
> with Dia (I understand I can't open Visio docs, that's okay)
> I think the ability to use Visio stencils would really enhance the

Visio Stencils are still visio documents.  (The same way a Microsoft word
Template is just a slightly different form of a Microsoft Word document).
Visio is a disgustingly proprietary file format and hard to reverse
engineer file format, even before Microsoft bought it.

> product, but couldn't find anything when I searched the archives
> with google (stencil site:mail.gnome.org).

Sincerely
Alan Horkan