Re: Status report for Building Debian/Mingw packages for DIA

On Sun, 8 Sep 2002, James Michael DuPont wrote:
> Dear Fellow Dia developers and users,
>
> Despite some negative feedback, I have decided to continue posting my
> porting efforts to this list.
>
> I ask all of you who use windows, who want to use the new port, and all
> who use linux or have tried to compile dia under window to please write
> a letter to the list and say that you support my efforts to get this
> port on the right track.
>
> I do not give up that easily! Despite some people repeated attempts to
> discourage me, I am continuing with the porting of the needed tools to
> mingw under debian.
[...]

James, let me tell you that I'm greatly appreciating the efforts you're
putting into organizing the Gnu libraries for Windows.  Not using Windows,
I had little idea of their state.

When we've been negative towards you, it's because you came in in a very
unfriendly manner, waving legal axes.  The further discussions on libiconv
etc. were very off topic for the Dia list -- we use those libraries, we
don't (if we can avoid it) develop them.  We've had several people complain
about the mail level on the dia-list before, when it was all relevant mail,
so I'm trying to keep the noise down.

Oh, and you may want to cut down on your mail length.  You can get your
points across better with a concise statement than with a long rant that
people get tired of reading.

That said, I'm happy that you're taking on this work.  It's important not
just for Dia, but for all of Gnu land.