Re: Dia compilation on Solaris with Forte C; some portability musings

Cyrille Chepelov writes:
 > I've got a single problem to apply it: patch rejects it.

Umm. Strange. The diff was produced with a standard cvs diff -u2.
Would it be OK if I committed it myself?

 > For the rest, I agree entirely with you, especially on the DLL
 > issue (though it would be more profitable to fix the damn Win32
 > loader ;-) )

Anybody else care to comment? Would it be OK to turn libdia into a
shared library also on Unix, even if nothing except the dia executable
would use it directly?

(The alternative (in order to be able to build the dia object DLLs
using the Makefile.am/autotool/libtool approach) would be to create a
.def file for the functions to be used from dia.exe, and create an
import library for dia.exe that the object DLLs would link to. That is
as complicated as it sounds... but not overly complicated.)

--tml