Re: Dia Code reuse from Sodipodi [Re: [Sodipodi-list] Some plug-ininterface ideas (fwd)]

I am out of my depth agian.

I probably should not have said anything but cannot hold back my self
interest in having better interoperability and portability, a better
collection of Gnome/Gtk applications.

i dont want to be the one to say:
"Do not try to reinvent the wheel"

so i hope you can spare the time to join the sodipodi list introduce
yourself, explain i was fishing for suggestions on the dia list and make
your comment directly to Lauris.
I am sure you can make valuable contributions to the discussion.

>  (cleaner and not Gtk-tied)

I must have missed that bit ???
at the moment sodipodi is quite solidly Gnome based and the GTK2 will
probably have plenty of Gnome to make it less portable, a GTK only version
of Sodipodi seems hugely unlikely.

i must have misread somethign but i dont have time to go back and reread
and get into any of this right now, i have really urgent work i should be
doing.
sorry, bye for now ...

later
Alan