DIA 0.90 & libunicode

Hi,

I have checked the "2002-September Archive by Thread", but did not find
any information on the problem I encounter configuring DIA 0.90.

The configuration does not include libunicode, so I have installed
libunicode at a local disk. configure --help does not give any information
on how to point at this library, thus I have used CFLAGS for
-I<unicode-include-dir> and LDFLAGS for -L<unicode-lib-dir>. That is a
statement like (running BASH):

export CFLAGS=-I<unicode-inc-dir>; export LDFLAGS=-L<unicode-lib-dir>;
./configure --prefix=/myprefix/dianew

This gives the following output:
<snip>
Unicode not present. This will NOT build.
Now type make to build dia.

I have newer had trouble building earlier versions of DIA. I am running
Debian woody.

Dows anyone have any idea how I can manage to make configure detect
libunicode when this is not installed in /usr/lib or /usr/local/lib??

Thanks
Øystein
--
Oystein Godoy