Re: Problems resizing

On Tue, 29 Oct 2002, curtcrandall@northwesternmutual.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   I'm trying to write some simple Class diagrams with Dia.  I'm using
> version 0.88 on RedHat 8.0.  I uninstalled version 0.90 because the
> class icon sizing was not proportionate to the text within it.  I tried
> the latest CVS source, however, I had a lot of problems with it which
> resulted in seg faults (particularly when I'd attempt to export a
> diagram).
>   So, I backed down to version 0.88.  The diagrams look fine in the
> window, however they are HUGE.  One of my classes covered 3 pages.  So,
> following the instructions, I went to page set up and under Scaling I
> selected "Fit to:" and set it to 1x1.  Well, the diagram fits, but the
> text is incomprehensible.  I tried looking for an option for resizing
> fonts and could not locate it.  So, I'm at a loss as to what to do now.

0.88 doesn't allow setting the fonts for a Class object.  Additionally, it
will sometimes make the text go outside the box.  In 0.90, we made a tweak,
so that at least the text stays inside the box, even if there is some extra
space.  CVS head shouldn't segfault when exporting, we'd like to hear some
details on that.