Re: Waiting for a call, xeyes, and vector fields

On Wed, 27 Nov 2002, Dave Hoover wrote:
> Lars Clausen wrote:
>
>>Actually, I have an idea to make a multi-prop widget that's collapsible.
>>That would neatly take care of such cluttering, and then it'd be ok to
>>have it on the standard line.
>>
> Sounds great.

It's coming along nicely.

>>>2.    In the xeyes demo, you probably noticed the funny connection
>>>points floating around by themselves.  These connection points are
>>>half-way between the line handles, even if the lines are drawn
>>> somewhere else due of the gap parameters.
>>[...]
>>
>>It should be in the middle of the displayed area.  Fixing that in CVS.
>>
> Go ahead if you have time and want to do it.

As you showed, it was a simple fix.

It does turn out that having zero-length lines with arrows is problematic
in CVS, as the arrow doesn't know where to point.

>>Same thing would happen if you make a zero-length line regardless of gap.
>>The analogy to box isn't good, as those are different kinds of handles
>>(non-connectible).
>>

> Yes.  In fact, I patched dia-0.9 with the above code, and had problems
> with the xeyes demo.

The CVS version contains a fix for this, where an object cannot connect to
itself.  I believe that fixes such problems.

> We should add connection points to the ends of the visible line as well.

I tried that, but the behaviour was rather strange.  It would require some
though.