Re: Waiting for a call, xeyes, and vector fields

On Tue, 26 Nov 2002, Dave Hoover wrote:
> MODERATOR:  Files are now compressed.  Destroy original post.

Ok.  You can of course have Dia compress the Dia files itself, instead of
running gzip on the result.

> (yet more) changes to the line.c code.  Now, fractional gaps and normal
> gaps can be combined to produce some pretty rude effects.  Apply the
> patch to dia-0.9, and then move the telephone around.  If you're like me
> and you like xeyes and vector fields, then this is for you!  This is
> experimental code.  I am open to suggestions.

That is so cool!  I wonder if you could make a magnetic field effect...

> Here's a patch based on dia-0.9.  Patch the file:
> objects/standard/line.c.  GPL license applies to this patch, like
> usual.  CVS inclusion may follow--working out details with maintainers
> about whether this code should be in the standard line or should be a
> separate object.

After playing around with it a bit, I'm thinking there are more uses than
just the bond graph stuff (and of course the coolness of all those
arrows...:) For instance, if you want an explanatory label pointing to
something, it's better to have it stop a little before the something.  And
for things like text objects, we could have a connection point in the
middle and not have to worry about the line overlapping (once we have the
distance thing).

Cool little demo.  Can I put it on the webpage for the next version?