Re: Accessing fonts actually listed.

On Mon, 25 Nov 2002, Cyrille Chepelov wrote:

>> >Fonts for most things can be set by double-clicking their icons and
>> >setting defaults there.
>> >

>> Is it possible to set a default font through a source file (e.g. diarc)
>> or environment? I would like to change the default courier with some
>> other font... The double clicking method worked fine, but all settings
>> were lost when I terminated dia. Is there any method to avoid this?
>
> CVS saves the defaults, and defaults to an entirely different set of
> fonts (as seen by Pango/FreeType/LarsKnowsBetter). Not much point as of
> now to do this in 0.90.

Indeed.  And speaking of, I finally got the font selection dialog to be
gdk-neutral, so fonts are getting into a reasonable shape.  There's still
a problem with text leaving dirt when shrinking, but I think we can look at
a release soon.  Cyrille, Hans, Steffen, are there any showstoppers right
now?

Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause)| HÃ¥rdgrim of Numenor