Accessing fonts actually listed.

Hello there!

Running Dia 0.90 in a RedHat 8 installation.
Mainly doing UML modelling.

I have been using dia a little by now and I think it's funktional enough
to be usefull for my purposes. However I am having problems with
fonts. I know fonts is not a simple matter but if the font is present in the
list provided by Dia I would expect it to work. I get a list of fonts but
when I select one of them MOST of the times Dia complains and revert
to a very ugly setting.

Note! The font is there! And it can be viewed by xfontsel and in KDE's
font-settings.

Please advice! How do I find any errors in my installation that might
stop Dia from using the fonts...

FEATURE REQUEST:
It would be nice to be able to set the default fonts in diagrams. In my
case the
default is one of the fonts not viewable by Dia. So im not getting
anywhere and must revert to other, lesser, tools.

/Jonas Printzén