Re: Bond Graph modeling with Dia

On November 15 Dave wrote
> The arrows on a bond graph are not supposed to touch the object.  The
> simplest implementation would be for a user-specified gap to indicate
> simply the distance between the end of the arrow and the anchor.

I think there is another possibility. I attach two examples: zero.shape
and component.shape which can be  starting points for better designs.

For 0 or 1 junctions i think the simplest shapes as the one I send can
be enough. (with 0 and 1 "drawn" not written with characters; the
connection points are away... you dont need more gaps).

For components,  a shape like component.shape would serve for all
componentes, but may be preferable to have different objects for each
component type.
For bonds one could use the standard line .... (after programming the
possibility of having flat endings); one can attach text-tags to them.
But probably would be quite better to program a spetial line like
the "Flow" object in the FS sheet.

Loli
email:  loli@unsa.edu.ar
Sent using NeoMail, a web-based e-mail client.
http://neomail.sourceforge.net
<?xml version="1.0"?>

<shape xmlns="http://www.daa.com.au/~james/dia-shape-ns";
       xmlns:svg="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg";>
  <name>Bond - zero</name>
  <connections>
    <point x="0"      y="5"/>
    <point x="1.4645" y="1.4645"/>
    <point x="5"      y="0"/>
    <point x="8.5355" y="1.4645"/>
    <point x="10"     y="5"/>
    <point x="8.5355" y="8.5355"/>
    <point x="5"      y="10"/>
    <point x="1.4645" y="8.5355"/>
  </connections>
  <aspectratio type = "fixed"/>
  <svg:svg width="10" height="12">
    <svg:ellipse cx="5" cy="5" rx="1.4" ry="3" style="fill: default"/>
    <svg:circle cx="5" cy="5" r="8" style="stroke:none"/>
  </svg:svg>
</shape>
<?xml version="1.0"?>

<shape xmlns="http://www.daa.com.au/~james/dia-shape-ns";
       xmlns:svg="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg";>
  <name>Bond - component</name>
  <connections>
    <point x="0"      y="5"/>
    <point x="1.4645" y="1.4645"/>
    <point x="5"      y="0"/>
    <point x="8.5355" y="1.4645"/>
    <point x="10"     y="5"/>
    <point x="8.5355" y="8.5355"/>
    <point x="5"      y="10"/>
    <point x="1.4645" y="8.5355"/>
  </connections>
  <aspectratio type = "fixed"/>
  <textbox x1 ="-5" y1="-5" x2="15" y2="15"/>
  <svg:svg width="10" height="12">