Re: Bond Graph modeling with Dia

On Thu, 14 Nov 2002, David Hoover wrote:

> Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 18:08:51 +0100
> From: David Hoover <david.hoover@epfl.ch>
> To: dia-list@gnome.org
> Subject: Bond Graph modeling with Dia
>
> Hi,
>
> Bond graphs are domain-independent diagrams that are used to model
> mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and thermal systems.  What
> is particularly appealing about bond graphs is that they are modular,
> allowing component interconnection, and that computer programs can
> convert them to differential equations or other forms suitable for
> simulation or compensator/controller design.

I am in hurry but I am wondering about your requirements and I am also
wondering about the "Civil" (Civil Engineering presumably, damn i need to
get busy on the documentation) Sheet.
I have so far copied the first sheet of Shapes from Visio from the
"Process Engineering" General category but there are about 5 sheets i have
not yet begun to hack the XML or draw the icons.

My question, Is this is all more or less related?  If so i hope we can be
careful to avoid redundant work, even if I probably have already redone
a few shapes that are very similar to those in the Civil Sheet.

Please do setup a bugzilla entry to help us to keep track of your
requirements for Bond Diagrams.  (put it under general, shapes is more
about requesting specific shapes for me to draw).

All these interesting things i would happily spend my time drawing ... but
for the next two months i have committed myself to work, pay off debts,
build up a little security, oh the expensive tyranny of Christmas!

Later
Alan