Re: UML module hackery

On 12 Nov 2002, Lars Clausen wrote:

> > I also like having lines which go straight rather than 'across-then-up'.
> > Auto-breaking (where you click-and-drag to get a corner) is the way I'd
> > like to go with it.
>
> How would you distinguish autobreaking a line from simply moving it?  This

A "line" would be defined as a connection between two objects.  Well,
actually, there probably wouldn't be YA line_class, but rather an
"association" type class (base for everything else) which is defined by the
objects it connects and the intermediate points it traverses.

> doesn't sound like it's close to what polyline uses for segments.  Would
> they still be like zig-zag line when not entirely straight?

Not knowing the internals of zig-zag, I couldn't tell you.  There's not even
a clear implementation in my mind, it's pretty airy-fairy at present.

> Good.  This is perfect for them, then.  Plenty of examples to learn from.

"This is why you want to get out of IT and get a nice job, say, as a
crash-test dummy".  <grin>

> *smirk*  Well, recoding UML involves not only the object itself, but also
> some (much needed) coding of the properties dialog widgets.  Once those
> widgets are ready, we can make very complicated objects without having to
> resort to non-properties code.

Well, in a fortnight's time, when I've had a chance to get these people
started, feel free to do a brain-dump of what you think is needed, and I'll
get one or more of them onto it.

- Matt