Re: Build problems om Solaris

tino.schwarze@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de (Tino Schwarze) writes:

> On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 11:01:31PM +0200, M?rten Svantesson wrote:
>
> > A problem that is really a bug in libtool has to do with hard
> > linking. The filesystem I mostly use is AFS. AFS has the peculiarity
> > that hard linking is possible within a directory but not between
> > directories. In the configure script there is a test wether hard
> > linking is possible, unfortunately this is done within a directory. In
> > the build process on the other hand linking is done between
> > directories. Go figure. :-(
>
> I suggest to never hard link anything. I built dia as joe user and it
> worked. So there should not be hard links involved. Or is this a
> difference between building on Linux and building on Solaris?

You mean that you built on AFS on Linux? And that went alright? Sounds
strange. On the other hand if you ran autogen.sh and had another
(working) version of libtool installed, that might explain it.

--
                - Mårten

mail: msv@kth.se *** phone:  +46 (0)8 7529933
ICQ:  4356928    *** mobile: +46 (0)707390385