Re: Build problems om Solaris

Le Sat, May 25, 2002, ā 06:15:07PM +0200, Mårten Svantesson a écrit:

> I'll start by clarifying that I ran the configure script that came
> with 0.90RC1 straight up; autogen.sh wasn't run.

OK.

> Maybe I wasn't clear: The only thing I changed was the "#! /bin/sh" to
> "#! /bin/bash" on the first line. This changed the output from the

This I got. I also changed that line to /bin/ash, to take a strictly
POSIX-compliant shell (the theory is: if ash accepts it, and another UNIX's
sh rejects it, the other UNIX is wrong).

> configure script for the xml2 checks from:
>
> ./configure: !: execute permission denied
> ./configure: !: execute permission denied

> checking for xml2-config... xml2-config
> checking for libxml >= 2.3.9... found
>
> Nothing show up in config.log from the run with /bin/sh.
> The suspects are:
>
> "if ! $found_libxml; then" on line 8971
> "if ! $found_libxml; then" on line 9028

I think it would be wise to change these lines to read

if test ! $found_libxml; then

I'll try to see where do they come from.

> > If we can't fix this issue with libtool on solaris (by talking to the
> > libtool guys), I'm afraid the only fix is to document against building on an
> > AFS partition (just like you don't build on a vfat partition).
>
> Another fix is to run configure with --disable-libtool-lock, since
> it's for locking libtool use hard links. Libtool makes a lockfile by
> making a hard link to itself. My own fix was handediting the libtool
> script to make the link to the sourcefile instead. That worked fine.

Oh! Then this should definitely be documented in the INSTALL script. It would
be very nice of you to send me a patch against INSTALL explaining both
tricks.

> > > what version of libpng, and what version of the libpng-devel stuff ?
> > > (assuming there is a mismatch).
>
> As I mentioned I just ran the ./configure script in the tar. I can't
> se how the versions of libpng stuff on my system could have any
> significance.

Indeed.

> > curiously, all tests for png in the configure script do add -lz -lm; that's
> > really strange....
>
> No, on line 7121 you have 'LIBS="-lpng $LIBS"'. That assignment is never
> reseted, and thus is used onwards in the script. The same holds for
> 'LIBS="-lz  $LIBS"' on line 9079, but that causes no problem since libz
> don't depend on other libraries.

Hmmm. So we at the very least should have LIBS="-lpng -lz $LIBS" the first
time around. Makes sense.

> > Uh. This means your #define isinf will have trouble as well, since finite()
> > is defined in libm, isn't it? Looks like we need to include libm for dia
> > proper, anyway.
>
> Actually not, on Solaris finite is defined in libc. If thats always
> been the case on Solaris I don't know.

I hope the patch I sent to CVS a couple hours ago will fix this

Grumpf.