Re: CVS build

Le Wed, May 15, 2002, à 02:21:41PM -0700, James Michael DuPont a écrit:

> Can someone who uses cvs please check thier autoconf
> and automake versions tell me what version they have
> and if possible send me a ./configure file that works.

Here you go:

muscat% dpkg -l automake | grep ii
ii  automake       1.4-p4-1.1     A tool for generating GNU
Standards-complian
muscat% dpkg -l autoconf | grep ii
ii  autoconf       2.53-3         automatic configure script builder
muscat% dpkg -l libtool | grep ii
ii  libtool        1.4.2-4        Generic library support script
muscat% dpkg -l gettext | grep ii
ii  gettext        0.10.40-6      GNU Internationalization utilities
muscat% dpkg -l intltool | grep ii
ii  intltool       0.18-1         utility scripts and assorted auto magic for

For the ./configure, get the one from the snapshot tarballs. Just check the
snapshot announcements for a change in the configure.in or Makefile.am's,
and you should be OK using it in a CVS tree (the real solution is of course,
reading the NEWS file for required version of the autotools. And of course
warning us if we need to update it).

> I would like to be able to build from cvs, most
> projects that I have seen all can be built that way.

My script autogen's it every morning, 9:30. And I build it rather frequently
from CVS. I'm not alone...

Grumpf.