RE: 0.90.RC1 available

>Uhmm. How do you expect 'unicode input' to work ? Using those
>funny Umlauts printed at least at german keyboards does work
>finally and Alt-Numeric Keyboard Keys does work as well ...

hrm, maybe its the font available: im using a regular us/english
setup, and if i insert some japanese utf-8 into the file it shows
up as ?,s. If I copy-paste some into a properties dialog, it is
ignored (all non-iso8859-1 seems to be stripped from pasted strings)

how to I add fonts to the set dia will use, perhaps i could
get it to if thats all that is needed...

Im not running any japanese locale, and i have no japanese input
method setup, but I only want to be able to copy/paste the
characters and see them displayed in the diagram.

>I fail to see the problem with using hashes or anything like that
>as 'internal' string markers. But there will be a compatibility
>problem removing them.

ok, I understand the compatibility problem in the reading direction,
you want to be able to read old dia files. but what about forward
compatibility: if there is no constraint that old dias can read new
dia files, then the hashes could be left out of newer files...
(old dias which dont support utf-8 are already broken anyway?)