Python plugin - how to use it?

Hi,

I compiled the latest CVS version of dia with python
support.  Unfortunately, I cannot find anything to do for it
:-)  There is no python menu, only the python entry in the
list of loaded plugins.  Where can I find any information
about dia+python (for either users or developers)?

Btw, I got the following message from dia, maybe this is
the reason for me not being able to use python with dia:

$ ./app/run_dia.sh

Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library

could not import gtkcons.py

Thanks in advance for any hints!

Cheers!