Re: Suggested Functional Improvements

--- Quote ---
Decompositions of diagrams into smaller and more detailed
diagrams seems a very important feature in most modelling
situations. Take older style Data Flow Diagrams for
instance? Perhaps, one feature could be to allow Objects
to be double clicked and to open up other Models? As I
work with models quite a bit, I feel this to be almost a
necessary feature. Whilst I agree you wouldn't find such
features in SmarDraw or Visio, I can't see why it
wouldn't be and why this would be hard to code.
Realistically, any decent modelling project consists of
many models, not just one. Electrical Engineering?
Modules into sub-modules etc?
--- End Quote ---

I know there was discussion of this on the mailing list,
but I searched and didn't turn anything up.  Someone was
interested in working on this functionality, supported by
either a company or a university.  I think in Canada.  I
thought there was even some working code.  Does anyone
have more information?  This would be a neat feature to
roll in to the next or a 1.0 release, if available.