Re: No subject

Le Fri, May 03, 2002, à 10:11:51AM +0000, DAVID BUTT a écrit:

> Export the dia file into a WMF file (Export in computer parlance does not
[snip] This is what *I* wrote. Please quote correctly if you do quote at
all. Thanks

[snip]
> But, and here it is word stilll wont open it as a dia drawing just goble dee gook even exporting a dia file as png wont even open up in fire works and fireworks saves everything as .png also tried cgm. I can view both the cgm and wmf thumbnails in the directory but they just won't open in any program. any suggestions?

OK, you have a correct WMF file. Good. Now to have Word read it, you should
open a blank Word document, then in the menu bar, select
Insert...Graphics..From File, and then find your .WMF file. You should see
it in the preview pane of MS Word's import dialog. If you don't, you should
run MS Word's install again and make sure you have the WMF (and CGM) import
filters installed.

You'll definitely not have any good results if you simply try to open the
WMF file at the same level you'd open a .DOC file.

Good luck !

Grumpf.